The primary responsibility of this position is providing our customers with Advanced Technical Support that must be second to none! Our team handles escalated tickets from our Tier 1 team for voice, internet and cable TV related problems primarily over the phone and occasionally in person in our lobby or at the customer’s site. While this is not a Tier 1 helpdesk, it is an entry level position and requires somebody with a big appetite to learn. In addition to supporting our customers by phone and in the office this person will also have the opportunity to do some onsite work. Site work involves installation of voice and data modems for both residential and commercial customers. This position allows you the opportunity to work with customers at different levels of technical comfort, a variety of end user devices and network designs which makes our job always exciting because every customer and every trouble is different than the last. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity and to be somebody’s technical super hero every day this is the job for you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds timely to escalated trouble tickets, keeping the customer’s experience top priority.
- Escalates complex troubles to the appropriate departments after thorough trouble shooting.
- Educates customers on products and services that best match their technical needs.
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, high-volume environment with the ability to quickly adapt to change. You won’t get bored here!
- Performs onsite service installations and trouble shooting.
- Keep an eye open for trends that may indicate an outage and reports it to appropriate team for resolution. The faster we fix it, the fewer customers affected!
- Has regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Must have excellent phone and people skills as well as maintain the ability to multi task and prioritize workloads independently.
- Ability to learn and understand the company's products and services.
- Knowledge of most common versions of PC and MAC Operating Systems.
- General knowledge of voice services, cable TV and data technologies.
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit concepts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply logic, creativity and good judgment to resolve problems.
- Must be able to communicate, collaborate and cooperate with vendors, customers, peers and managers as necessary to meet company objectives.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have the ability to be insured under the company policy.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Technical Degree or Equivalent Experience in Electronics, Telecommunications or Information Technology preferred.
- Three to five years of customer support and/or technical support experience, preferably in the telecommunications / Internet industry.
- Three to five years of customer service experience.